The Fall is my favorite season of the year! I love the cooler weather, the holidays, but especially the fall makeup trends that have a bolder and richer statement! Although I work with numerous brides, I still work with many clients, who are moms so I understand the busy lifestyle that motherhood provides when talking to them, especially since I’m one as well. 🙂 So here are some top makeup trends this Fall that would flatter any mom out there!
- Red Lips
- This season is all about lip colors! First, lets talk about red lips, which never go out of style no matter what season it is. Red lips add instant glam and can be worn with minimal face makeup. In fact, skip the eye makeup and just wear some stylish sunglasses with a red lip and you are good to go! Tip: Choose a matte or satin red for a clean and wearable look. Skip the gloss! Favorite versatile red shade is MAC Russian Red lipstick. Another different and beautiful shade that is flattering on many skin tones is MAC’s So Chaud lipstick, a reddish-orange color.
- Nude Lips
- Neutral to nude lipshades are just as hot as bold colors like red and orange. Personally, I think nude shades look best with a little gloss or lip balm for a less pasty look. Regardless, I would pair nude lips with a little blush at least for some color on the face to avoid a washed out look. Tip: Favorite nude lip gloss is MAC’s Underage lipglass because it has a sheer pink tint.
- Dramatic lashes
- Long, dark, and almost “fake” lashes are all the rage right now! With lash extensions so popular, mascaras are introducing new formulas that mimic the look that lash extensions provide so it’s more affordable and easier to recreate at home! Being a makeup artist for so many years, I hear all the time that mascara is the #1 beauty product used daily so having dramatic lashes is a trend that will grow popular with many women! Tip: My favorite mascara of all time is L’Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara. It is super dark, doesn’t flake, and wears all day!
- Metallic eyes
- I realize that metallic eye makeup may not be appropriate during the day time, but there are many opportunities to try this fun trend at night whether you are out on date night, hanging out with friends, or enjoying holiday festivities! Metallic eye makeup can be worn dramatically with a smoky eye look or worn more subtle with metallic eyeliner alone. Tip: Try ELF Cream Eyeliner in a variety of colors : Metallic Olive, Golden, Gunmetal, or Copper. The best part is this eyeliner costs only $3.00 (brush included in package)!
- Monochromatic makeup
- Choose a shade for the entire face and apply on eyes, lips, and cheeks! Best shades for this Fall are soft earthtone or pink colors. Super simple to do, especially since few products are required! Tip: Dab your light nude or pink shadow on the lips and apply a clear gloss for instant lip color!
There you go, some of my favorite Fall makeup trends this year! I hope you will take the opportunity to dig into your makeup bag to fall in love again with some of these items or shop for an item or two that you don’t already have. It’ll add a fresh spin to your makeup wardrobe this season!
You Look Fabulous For The Fall!