While we DID get a little taste of Fall last week (wasn’t it wonderful???), central Texas still has many a day left of warm temperatures…and if not warm, warm-ISH. When the calendar says Fall, but the thermometer says otherwise, getting in that state of mind can be a challenge when most of us are itching to get all about Autumn….can I get an amen???
So today, we’ve put together 10 things you can do with your kids that will bring on the warm, fuzzy feelings of Fall, yet still keep you and your littles cool in this late summer heat.
1. Cool your face off and bob for apples…then go ahead a have a full-blown water fight with your kids!
3. Read Autumn-inspired and Halloween books together in your nice, cool, airconditioned house because you’re SO OVER the heat!
4. Make this cute Apple water sensory play in small plastic pool in the backyard…we promise it will keep your little ones busy for hours!
5. Go on a nature scaventure hunt…find any and all things autumn!
6. Whip up these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Ice Cream sandwhiches with your littles…then go enjoy them al fresco!
7. Let your kids set up a drink stand featuring iced apple cider or frozen hot chocolate…and let them decide who or where to donate the proceeds.
8. Push all the furniture out of the way and have a big ol’ dance party with your kids. Here’s a great playlist to kickoff October!
9. Make Silly Pumpkin Putty for some indoor sensory play…smells yummy too!
10. Have an apple tasting party…shop for all types of apples, let your kids taste each one and decide their favorite. (I did this with my family last Fall and the winner was Honeycrisp!)