Unless you have been living in a hole for the last few years, more than likely your mobile device is glued to your hand or in your purse 99.9% of the time. I will be the first to admit, my phone is never more than a few feet away from me. Even if it is off, it is kind of a security blanket for the 21st century. My phone is flooded with games that my kids have downloaded, but aside from their games and the normal social media apps, (facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc., etc., etc., these are my top ten favorite apps for moms.
- OneDay-This interactive app is such a fun way to create movies of your child’s life with a few easy steps. The app allows you to choose a theme, your child answers the questions, and it puts a super cute movie together with music included. Seriously, so cute!
- Cartwheel– Who doesn’t love a good trip to Target? I know I am there weekly and this app allows me to shop and save money. There are two ways this app can be used; you can look up discounts in the various categories or you can simply scan an item to see if there is a coupon for it. It will save all the items on your mobile device and then the cashier can scan one barcode for all of your discounts. No need to keep up with a bunch of paper coupons.
- Artkive-You know the guilt you feel when your little one runs to you and asks why the alligator picture they drew 4 years ago is no longer on the refrigerator? Guilt- be- gone, because this app allows you to scan, name, and date your child’s artwork so it is saved forever. You can even put the pictures together and have a book printed of their artwork.
- Groovebook-I first heard about this app on the show Shark Tank. In this digital world we now live in, I have become lazy about having pictures of my kids printed off. This is the cheapest and easiest solution. You pay $2.99/month and the app uploads 100 pictures from your phone and you can select/unselect the ones you want and they send you a cute little 4 x 6 book with perforated pictures. You can keep them in the book or tear them out to frame.
- Amazon-This might be my favorite of all the apps. I am a bit addicted to receiving the little brown boxes on my doorstep. Shh! Don’t tell my hubby. But I love Amazon because anything that I can dream up in my mind, I can find it on Amazon. You can connect your bank account to the app and purchase with one click…dangerous, I know!
- AllRecipes– This app is a must. It is full of recipes; appetizers, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, you name it. One nifty little option is the dinner spinner. You can put in the ingredients you want to use, the dish type, and the amount of time you want to spend, and it puts out recipes to fit your filter selections.
- Kindle-This app, just like the original device, allows you to have a good book at the touch of your fingertips. It has come in handy so many times; parked traffic…ahem, Austin, waiting at the doctor’s office, and night time nursing sessions.
- RetailMeNot-If you love to shop, or gather, as my hubby likes to call it…RetailMeNot is the app for you. With over 50,000 retailers there are plenty of savings to go around. You can check out best offers, view deals, and have in- store and online coupons.
- My Fitness Pal-One of the best fitness apps out there. It has the largest food data base of any IPhone calorie counter and grows daily. You can track your daily intake of calories and macronutrients. The app also has exercises, allows you to connect with friends, and pushes you to achieve your goals.
- Gas Buddy-Find the cheapest gas near your location, earn points for reporting gas prices, and be entered in a daily drawing for $100 in gas.
I know this only scratches the surface of all the wonderful apps for moms.
Tell us your favorite apps and why you love them so much!