Most parents are aware of the importance of brushing their children’s teeth and scheduling regular cleanings, but often there are a lot of “unknowns” amongst parents of young children about orthodontic treatment.
So before you prepare to BRACE yourself or your child, check out this information!
Did you know…..
- The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that a child’s initial orthodontic evaluation should occur no later than age 7.
- Correcting dental related problems such as protruding teeth, an overbite, crowded teeth, etc…will create a great smile, but more importantly, orthodontic treatment results in a healthier mouth. Not correcting an abnormal bite could result in further oral health problems, including:
- tooth decay
- gum disease
- tooth loss
- affected speech and/or chewing
- abnormal wear to tooth enamel
- jaw problems
- Not all dentists are orthodontists, but all orthodontists are dentists. A dentist is similar to your family doctor — great for check-ups and filling cavities. An orthodontist is a specialist who has two to three years of additional education, and is an expert in straightening your teeth and choosing the treatment option that’s best for you. It’s very important to seek out an orthodontist-a specialist when considering orthodontic treatment.
- Orthodontics has come a long way and gone are the days the term “metal mouth” being used and getting braces being a frightening experience. Braces now are less noticeable, offer greater comfort, need fewer orthodontic adjustments and work more quickly. Today, with the new technologies available, people of all ages are choosing orthodontic treatment to achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
At Luv Braces in Austin, Dr. Amirali Tahbaz and Dr. Mona Rezapour are prepared to BRACE children, teens and adults! Luv Braces utilizes the most comfortable, efficient and technologically advanced treatment options, which include: Traditional/metal braces, clear braces, Invisalign® clear aligners and Harmony® system of lingual braces (braces behind the teeth). Luv Braces is family oriented and owned, offers very convenient appointment times, has flexible payment options and always puts patients first. If you are considering orthodontic treatment for yourself or your child, call Luv Braces at (512) 351-8362 to schedule a free exam and take advantage of their current offer of $500 OFF orthodontic treatment. Luv Braces is also offering free teeth whitening after orthodontic treatment to Austin Moms Blog followers. To check out more about Luv Braces and the services they offer, go to www.luvbraces.com.
Sponsored By: Luv Braces