We are a gluten free household, including our 16 month old. These recommendations are all tried, tested, approved and scrumptious.
- Salt & Time– Perfect for a date night. Casual yet nice environment. Order fromage and wash down with a gluten-free beer. They have plenty of gluten free dinner options and will make accommodations.
- Thai fresh-Check out their gluten-free fried chicken and waffles next Sunday, they are a must! Also be sure to stop by the adjacent café, Thrice and satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Taco Deli-With five locations, you can grab a taco on the go from anywhere in the city! Their menu is mostly gluten free and they locally source most of their ingredients. Taco Deli is also an amazing option for catering get togethers and parties for the kiddos!
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar-What can I say? Hopdoddy is mouthwateringly good. Their gluten free buns perfectly compliment their array of burgers. And don’t forget to order a salted caramel milkshake!http://www.hopdoddy.com/
- The Grove-The Grove has so many gluten free options including bread for their sliders, crackers for their ceviche, a dough for their pizzas. We are frequent diners because of that and wine… Three locations. Westlake, Lakeway and Downtown.
- Chinatown-If you like 90’s music, please visit Chinatown. It’s awesome. The bar upstairs lends itself to a casual date night. They stock gluten-free soy sauce and have a variety of gluten free options.
- Austin’s Pizza– Austin’s pizza is great for a night in. Call it in or order it online and they’ll deliver. Their gluten free pizza is delicious and I don’t miss “real” pizza one bit.
- Bombay Grill-After some renovations Bombay Grill is open and better than ever. Most of their menu is gluten free (they have menu designations) and oh so tasty. Maybe one day they’ll have gluten-free naan.
- Tokyo Sushi – One can never have too many sushi options. Tokyo carries gluten-free soy sauce (which doesn’t sound like a big deal until you don’t have any soy sauce for your sushi!) They have both raw and cooked options so everyone leaves happy.
- Thundercloud Subs– Getting a sandwich on the go is made easy with Thundercloud. They have excellent food handling skills to prevent cross contamination and their sandwich bread is yummy. And they are ALL around town.
- Fabi + Rosi– If you’re looking for a cozy date night, look no further. Fabi + Rosi always hits it out of the park. The seared duck is my favorite. Their menu is mostly gluten free and so you don’t have to ask for too many accommodations. Be careful with the fries though – they are so good but fried in the same oil and everything else.
- Hut’s Hamburgers– A hamburger and fries are as old as time, right? Hut’s is perfectly Austin with its old-timey interior. Hut’s has gluten free buns and all sorts of meat options, like Buffalo!
- Wholly Cow-Wholly Cow has burgers, but it also has chili! They offer gluten free buns and thick juicy portabella mushrooms for those Paleo peeps out there. They also stock gluten-free ciders and beer. Yum!
- Blue Dahlia-With salads and entrees and tartines, most options are gluten free or can be made gluten free by swapping out the tartine bread. Two locations and all sorts of charm.
- Wildwood Bakehouse-This is Austin’s oldest gluten-free restaurant. Their kitchen is 100% gluten free. Fiesta!
- Rio’s Brazilian Cafe-Rio’s has GF menu designations to make ordering a breeze. And their cuisine is such a nice change of pace!
- Frank Restaurant-Frank’s offers gluten free buns and fries and even has vegetarian options! They also offer take-out and delivery. As a bonus all sausages, and sauces are gluten-free.
- Café Josie-Café Josie has clean, tasty food and so most of their options are gluten free by nature, no tweaking necessary. Both the food and environment is delightful.
- Snack Bar-So many gluten-free options, I never know what to choose! Go on a sunny day, sit on the patio and people watch 🙂 South Congress never disappoints. http://www.snackbaraustin.com/
- Kerbey Lane-They have gluten-free pancakes. Isn’t that reason enough?! Amen! www.kerbeylanecafe.com