Racking your brain or stressing out about party favors and cookies for a baby shower? Not me. I’m doing it the Austin-way: stress-free and local. No fluff, no crafts, just simple and with a good backdrop. Time for you to throw a true Austin baby shower.
Here’s how I threw this gorgeous shower on a budget and barely lifted a finger:
- Find a local bakery or business with a patio. Enter La Patisserie.
- Work with other hostesses on a budget for food and sweets from said bakery or business. We spent less than we would have spent had we baked everything.
- Pick up flowers from a local market and have guests create flower crowns.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor and celebrate the soon-to-be-mama.
- Box up the leftovers and you’re finished. No mess, no stress. No crumbs all over your house. No glitter stuck in your grout.
Why I chose La Patisserie: the macarons. Better than Laduree. (I know, that’s saying a lot!) They were so great at decorating the table and set up, too. When the decorations are food, you don’t have to do much else!
Also, the setting. They’re outdoor patio is perfect for a baby shower. It’s not too small and not to big. There’s enough shade if the Texas weather decides to be hot in April. It’s also conveniently located next to the “Greetings from Austin” mural. You can’t get more Austin than that!
If you want to get fancy, split the cost and hire a photographer. Usually an hour won’t cost you much and the soon-to-be mama will treasure the photos.
PS. How gorgeous are these photos from Courtney Prinzo Photography?!