Who wouldn’t want to chow down on some egg rolls right now?? Yum!
We all know they aren’t the healthiest thing to eat so we like to chow down on our Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe instead! We used Honeysuckle White’s ground turkey and created a healthy dish for the whole family to enjoy.
Trust me… my husband eats three bowls when this is on the dinner menu!
Sticking to New Year’s resolutions can be hard! With January down, we have many more months ahead of us to keep those resolutions for better eating habits, losing a few pounds…you know what I mean. I love egg rolls, but wanted to create a healthier version that still offers plenty of flavor. I’ve learned making small changes to diet helps keep resolutions long-term. I used Honeysuckle White ground turkey because turkey is a great source for protein and typically offers fewer calories and less total fat and cholesterol than chicken. Plus, Honeysuckle White turkeys are raised by independent family farmers and without growth-promoting antibiotics, so I feel good about feeding my family. Look for Honeysuckle White turkey products at your local H-E-B grocery stores! They offer a variety of products, including ground turkey, turkey sausage and turkey breasts, to provide the variety you need to make turkey a staple in your home.
Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground Honeysuckle White Turkey
- 2 – 16-ounce bag Asian salad mix (throw away the dressing, save the toppings for garnish)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey.
- Add the salad mix, and stir to combine. You might have to do this slowly depending on the size of your skillet or pot.
- Add the sauce mixture to the meat and veggies. Stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage has just begun to wilt but is still crunchy.
- Serve over rice, garnished with the Asian salad toppings if desired.