I’ve hosted and attended my share of birthday parties. In fact, I love hosting birthday parties so much that usually after one party, I am already planning another one. It’s a sickness, really. If your child has not been invited to many birthday parties, just wait until kindergarten! Kids love the suspense of opening gifts and tearing open the box as soon as possible. The problem is, many gifts my children have received, are often misses and go to toy heaven.
Hence, the birthday gift guide was born!
My picks for birthday party gifts:
- Butterfly Garden
- Antworks Illuminated Ant Farm
- Bubble Machine
- LeapFrog Leapfrog2
- Favorite Character Items: This age loves having their favorite cartoon characters! Costumes are always a hit. My daughter is really loving Sofia the First.
- Spot It
- Razor Scooter
- Legos: They have so many to choose from and many levels of difficulty.
- Headbandz Act Up
- Skylanders SWAP Force available for gaming systems
- Gift Cards
- Specific Picked Items: By the time they are 7, they know exactly what they want and you don’t want to buy something they already have!
- Experiences: Movie Tickets, Pee Wee Golf, Lazer Tag Etc. Give them a gift of fun!
- Tablet or other Electronics
Remember, if possible, always send a gift receipt with gifts.
Do you allow your child to open gifts at the birthday party?