50+ Places to Host Your Child’s Next Birthday Bash in Austin
Birthdays are a true occasion to celebrate the little ones in our lives, but can we be honest for a moment? Planning a child’s birthday party can be overwhelming and sometimes, before you know it, the little party you’ve organized has quickly ballooned into an all out extravaganza of epic proportions. That’s not just me….right?? In an attempt to ease some of the stress of putting a party together and to prevent you from feeling like a used up pinata, here are over 50 ideas for where to celebrate your child’s next birthday.
Whether you have a big corporate event coming up or a birthday party for your child, our parties always deliver excitement for even the most hard-to-please audience. We proudly serve our customers both at our private arcade and events facility in Austin, in addition to bringing all of our great games straight to their party throughout Texas. No matter what type of audience comes to your special event, they’re sure to have a great time with fun and games for all!
If you want to party like an animal (or an amphibian):
1) Austin Zoo – Austin Zoo is a great location for birthday parties of all ages! Austin Zoo Birthday Parties can occur in a Picnic Grove or in one of three specific venues – the Peacock Barn, Primate Pavilion or Events Pavilion. The zoo even offers a Birthday Package, which fills all your zoo party needs without the hassle! Take a look here for a complete list of the zoo’s birthday party options. To reserve your party, or with any questions, call at 512-288-1490. Check out the zoo on Facebook and Instagram.
2) Austin Aquarium – A birthday party at the aquarium will be a fun, unique memory you won’t forget. An educator will assist your party and take your guests on an aquarium tour where all your guests can interact with sea life, reptiles and birds. Settle in for your kid’s celebration at a birthday party table, bring cake, goodies, pizza, whatever you like to make a fun celebration of your own. (Aquarium birthday parties include admission for each party guest, reserved table within the aquarium for two hours, an educator to host your party, one free activity token and a goody bag per child. Birthday child gets a special lanyard and a free shirt from the aquarium.) Find the aquarium on Facebook and Instagram for more fun ideas!
3) Little Buckaroo Ranch – This venue off Hamilton Pool Road has several different party packages that range from pony rides, pony painting, and square dancing.
4) Green Gate Farms – This organic farm has a couple different areas available for the party set-up and your group will be able to fully explore all the farm has to offer. There are 2 treehouses on site as well as old-fashioned games like three-legged, sack, and egg races.
5) Austin Nature and Science Center – With a dinosaur bone digging area and several animals to view, the center is a great location for a party.
6) Spicewood Farm – Horse rides, horse grooming and lots of games will keep your cowgirls and cowboys busy .
7) Rose and Grace Mini Farm – Decorate a bunny apartment and style bunnies for the Rabbit Runway. Kiddos will then have the option to feed the animals at the mini farm, and participate in the following farm activities (Playscape Play, Stick Horse Races, Pin tail on Pony, and Potatoe Sack races)
These places will get your party guests moving:
1) Top Golf – Located near the Domain, they host kid’s parties for ages 12 and under, which include 2 hours of unlimited Topgolf, kid friendly meal baskets and soft drinks. Also, this can be great for any social gathering!
2) Sky Candy – Sky Candy is East Austin’s own Aerial and Circus Arts studio! At their fun and safe birthday parties, kids ages 6 and up learn to fly and spin on the Trapeze, Silks, Aerial Hoop, and more, guided by highly trained professional aerial teachers. Space rental packages with time for cake and presents available.
3.) Dance Discovery – Voted #1 Place to Learn Dance for 8 years
There’s no party like a dance party! Choose a Princess Ballerina Party, Hip Hop Dance Party, Themed Dance Party, or Musical Theatre Party for 2-18 years old. Your Princess Ballerina party begins with the birthday girl or boy and guests changing into Princess gowns and Knight armor. After the party, enjoy your treats in your private room. You can mingle and celebrate with your guests, and then leave the clean up to us. More information is available at Dance Discovery Birthday Parties. Contact the Avery Ranch location at 512-658-2996 or the Allandale location at 512-419-7611.
4) Urban Air – An indoor trampoline park for kids (and adults!) of all ages.
5) Soccer Zone – Soccer is the specialty here, but their birthday party packages also offer basketball, flag football, and dodgeball.
6) Austin Rock Gym – 2 hours of party time will most certainly have your kids climbing the walls!
7) Emler Swim School – Party packages here include 2 certified life guards and a private space reserved for the ‘out of water’ portion of your event.
8) Playland Skate Center – Round up your child’s friends and let them take a spin on the hardwoods at Playland.
9) Stunt Ranch – This venue has 2 hour party packages with plenty of fun and challenging activities for the party-goers.
10) Chaparral Ice – For those summer babies, celebrate their day in a cool climate with ice skating.
11) Champions Westlake – Instructional gym time supervised by staff, followed by time in the party room for cake and present.
12) JUMP Gymnastics – 45 minutes of gymnastics, 15 minutes of age-appropriate games and dancing and 30 minutes in the private party room.
13) The Little Yoga House – This kids-only yoga studio offers a variety of birthday party packages for a 1.5 hour party.
14) Little Land Play Gym – a super fun large indoor playground area with activities, equipment and games for children to utilize.
15) Catch Air – a super safe, clean, and fun indoor play & party facility for children ages 1 to 12 with multiple locations in North Austin.
16) Peter Pan Mini Golf – Come par-tee at this Austin landmark! There is a mostly shaded picnic area that can be reserved in 1.5 hour increments and plenty of golfing fun.
Keep cool with these indoor locations:
1) Tiaras & Tea Parties – A new indoor tea party venue that is sure to please all local princesses!
2) Thinkery – Who doesn’t love the Thinkery? This place is the perfect set-up for a fun-filled birthday.
3) Austin Tinkering School – A 2 hour party at this location involves a building activity (building, as in, power tools!).
4) Pinballz Arcade – Partying at Pinballz includes 2 hours of game play and refreshments.
5) Leander Fire Station – Huh? Sounds weird, I know, but if you’re lucky enough to by covered by the Leander Fire Department you can schedule a birthday party for your child there.
6) Smudge Studios – Get crafty in the studio! Smudge has a variety of art projects that can be created during your 2 hour party.
7) Alamo Drafthouse – Our beloved Alamo has some great options to celebrate your child!
8) Patricia’s Table – Outsource the cake when you host a birthday party here! Your child and their friends will learn how to bake a sweet treat and then get to eat it, of course.
9) Foodie Kids – This venue combines various party themes with age-appropriate cooking activities.
10) Art Garage – The welcoming setting at Art Garage makes for a wonderful party location. There are a variety of projects in various mediums for your party attendees to complete.
11) Baked by Amy’s – Enjoy Amy’s baked goods when you have a party at the Baked bakery. Party guests will get to decorate and take home both delicious cookies and cupcakes.
12) The Scholar Ship – This is a hands-on science lab for kids, and birthday parties include two or three fun hands-on experiments that the kids will love!
And finally, some other creative, LOCAL, homemade and/or extra party options:
1) Good Times Ice Cream Truck – Throw a party at home and plan for the adorably little vintage ice cream truck that is Good Times to roll up and provide treats for your guests.
2) Drive-In Movie – Round up some boxes and create some little ‘cars’, hang a sheet, and have a little backyard movie party for the birthday boy/girl.
3) Zilker Kite Picnic – Arrange for your guests to meet you at a designated spot in Zilker Park and have a birthday picnic followed by some kite flying.
4) The Marvelous Vintage Tea Party Company – Throw an over-the-top tea party at home.
5) Tiny Tails to You – Invite Tiny Tails to your home so that your tiny party people can gently love on their animals.
6) Epic Body Paint – Face painting is a fun addition to any type of party and Epic Body Paint does a beautiful job! She even offers waterproof paint now which is great for summer.
7) Mad Science – If you have a budding scientist then Mad Science would be a great party option!
8) Watson Adventures – Step up the scavenger hunt game with Watson Adventures. They will create and bring the hunt to your party.
9) Snapology – If you have a Lego maniac in the house, Snapology will build a great party for them.
10) Amanzi Party Rentals – The great thing about inflatables is that they work in all different seasons. Amanzi has a ton of options way beyond just inflatables (mechanical bull, anyone?) so they can accommodate various themed parties.
11) Ricky Guerrero Splash Pad – There are a ton of splash pads around town and Ricky Guerrero is a great one because of the wonderful shade that covers the water area. A picnic party at the park would be great in warmer weather and could be enhanced with squirt bottles and buckets for the splash pad.
12) Barton Springs Polar Bear Plunge – Obviously, a true polar plunge party wouldn’t work with children but a polar bear-themed party would be fun. A picnic and swim time would make for a great summer party. Cute invitation example here and some polar bear inspiration here.
13) Backyard Camping Party – If you’re brave enough to have a slumber party, a camping themed party complete with a tent in the backyard would make for a great party.
14) Half-Birthday Party – If you have a December baby, there’s always the ‘half birthday’ celebration that can be had to avoid the intermingling with the holidays.
15) Rise and Shine Birthday Breakfast – Get the party started early and have guests come in their pajamas to enjoy some breakfast and cake.
16) Cardboard Box Party – Sounds glamorous, right? Gather as many cardboard boxes as you can find and have a building party!
17) Pay it Forward Party – Be rebellious and break the typical birthday plan. Find an organization that can allow a group of children to help out in some way and have a party where kids can be helpful and further their social conscience. Volunteer Match is a great site to start figuring out where help is needed.
18) Veterans Memorial Pool – The pool located in Cedar Park has various sized shade covers available to rent for your party space.