Top 5 Things all Moms Should Know Before Considering Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover 101. The term Mommy Makeover can encompass many different procedures depending on the mother. Some of the terms used when discussing your options for plastic surgery may be abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), breast lift, breast augmentation, and liposuction. If you are looking to reduce excess stretched abdominal skin, increase or restore your breast size and improve the contour of areas resistant to diet and exercise, then a mommy makeover is right for you. You can visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon like Dr. William Gorman to go through your options for one or more procedures.
- Repeat after me, board certified plastic surgeon. We cannot stress enough how important it is to have a board certified plastic surgeon for any form of plastic surgery. If you are searching for the best in your area there are many sites that will give you reviews and helpful information about each surgeon. For example, if you search Dr. William Gorman MD, FACS on Google or Healthgrades you will find reviews, website, education and other helpful information.
- Get your planner! Whether your children are in diapers or college, timing can be a crucial factor when recovering from a mommy make-over. You will want to consider child care, special events, and if you are a new mother, when you will stop breast feeding. Another factor will be if you are planning on having more children. Dr. William Gorman, board certified plastic surgeon, suggests you wait until you are completely done having children before moving forward with a tummy tuck. Planning for your family at home is also important. Preparing meals and stocking up on pillows are two to name a few.
- Complete healing time. Each patient is different but there are restrictions and expectations that the doctor will give you for a healthy recovery. You can expect to refrain from heavy lifting, bouncing such as running, or straining for at least 12 weeks. Modifying your workouts and daily activity will be necessary. Although, your doctor will clear you for more activity, you will find that your body could still be healing from a full mommy make-over (tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast augmentation/lift). Similar to post pregnancy, you will find that it can take 8 months to a year to fully heal. That does not mean you won’t be beach body ready but you may have occasional swelling that will diminish over time.
- Emotional support is also necessary during the healing process. You will want to make sure that your core support system is on board with why you are having the surgery and the emotional effects after surgery. Most women have experienced this type of emotion exhaustion due to a life changing event but it is important to prepare everyone in your daily life for these changes.
- Every single woman is different. We have all taken part in “girls night” filled with life scenarios and comparisons. When considering plastic surgery, it is very important to keep in mind that every person will have a completely different result. The treatment and recovery plan may look the same but your body’s response will differ. So, while your best friend may give great advice about which color dress you should wear, lean on your doctor and their office staff for the medical questions.
If you are ready to take the next step to plastic surgery, contact Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. William H Gorman for your free consultation. With 30 years’ experience, Dr. Gorman will help you develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
Sponsored by Dr. William Gorman with Austin Plastic Surgery Institute
Dr. William H. Gorman is an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon and founding member of Austin Plastic Surgery Institute. Dr. Gorman has been board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) since November of 1985, and he is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. His main priority as a doctor is the safety and comfort of his patients. He holds himself to the highest standards of ethical conduct and patient care by treating each and every patient as though he or she is a family member. Dr. Gorman strives to make the plastic surgery experience as pleasant as possible, and his extensive skills and qualifications give patients confidence that he will achieve the results they desire.
Throughout his 30-year career in plastic surgery, Dr. Gorman has performed thousands of procedures. He is highly skilled in a wide variety of cosmetic surgeries, including facial (nose surgery, facelift surgery), breast (augmentation, lift, reduction), butt (lift, augmentation), and body (liposuction, tummy tuck, fat transfer, body lift) procedures. Dr. Gorman is dedicated to the art and science of aesthetic plastic surgery, and he is involved in the latest cosmetic industry technology and research.