Whether you can’t wait to meet your new students or wish you could have a few more days with your own kids, back to school is approaching fast. Professional development has started/ended, and it’s almost time to be back in the classroom. However you feel about that, I know I personally LOVE a good deal to make my day a little brighter…especially when it comes to buying stuff for my own classroom. Here are some freebies and discounts just for teachers. Enjoy!
Teacher Discounts and Freebies:
Clothes/ Jewelry / Home Goods
- LOFT – You can register online and take advantage of 15% off every time you visit and certain teacher appreciation nights.
- J. Crew – With an ID, you can save 15% on your purchase. This also includes when you visit the outlet (or the new awesome Mercantile store they opened in the Gateway Shopping Center).
- Anthropologie — From July 14 – Sept.11, they are doing 20% off! You just need to register online.
- Banana Republic – You can get 15% full-priced purchases with a valid teacher ID. However, this offer does not apply to the outlets.
- New York and Company – If you show your ID at the register you can get 15% off.
- Madewell – You get 15 % off with a valid ID.
- Aerosoles – Showing your ID or pay stub, you can get 15% off any footwear $39.99 or higher. You can also call 800-798-9478 to place your order.
- Eddie Bauer – 15% off with valid ID
- Talbots – Get 15% off full-price purchases in-store. You must present a valid teacher ID.
- Lane Bryant – Their annual “Chalk it Up to Style” Event in early September gives great discounts just for teachers.
- Kate Spade – All year long, teachers can get a discount of 15 % for in-store purchases only. Bring a valid school ID card to apply the discount.
- West Elm – Need to re-decorate? Teachers receive 15 % with their teacher ID.
- Forever 21 – Until August 31, get 15% off your purchase.
- Office Depot – There are Teacher Appreciation Days Aug. 13-19 with 25 percent off a qualifying purchases available – you just have to sign up for the Rewards Everything program, which is free to join.
- Staples – The teacher rewards program gives educators 10 percent back on teaching and art supplies and 5 percent back in everything else all year long.
- Dollar General – Now through Sept.5, show your teacher ID in-store for 20% off select school supplies or shop online at dollargeneral.com using the promo code TEACHER20.
- Container Store – Sign up for the organized teacher program and get special discounts throughout the year to help organize their classrooms.
- Michael’s – From bulletin boards to fun ideas for projects, you can also get 15% every day. You can enroll at the store.
- Jo Ann’s – For even more crafts you can save 15% every day, you just need to enroll in the Teacher Rewards program.
- Barnes and Noble – You can get 20% off if you register. Then you can also get 25% off during Appreciation Days, which include every Saturday and Sunday in August.
- Book People – There is a daily 20% discount to teachers and librarians making in-store purchases of classroom or library materials.
- Half Price Books – You can save 10% year round – you just need to register online.
- Lakeshore Learning – You can save 15% after you sign up in the store.
- Oriental Trading – The online store offers a little bit of everything, including discounted teacher supplies and stationery.
- Party City – You can get 10% off any purchase of $75.
- Paper Source – From Sept.9-13, you can get an extra 15% off with a valid ID.
- New York Times – If you want to keep your students informed on current events, you can get an online subscription for $1.88 a week (50% off) for a basic online access. This special rate includes access to NYTimes.com and all New York Times apps, Unlimited article access, anytime, anywhere, and access to the complete Times archives from 1851.
- Teachers Pay Teachers – If you check out the site or sign up for the newsletter, you can often get great lesson plans for FREE!
Electronics / Cars/ Bills
- AT&T – You can get 15% off your bill – just go online to check eligibility.
- Apple – You can check out discounts on Apple Products in Apple for Education. Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States is eligible, including homeschool teachers. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.
- Adobe – Discounts for educators in the Adobe Teacher & Student Store.
- Verizon – Monthly discounts for teachers.
- T- Mobile – Save on smartphones for being a teacher.
- HP – The HP Academy offers different discounts for an assortment of HP products.
- Bose – Whether it’s in your home or school, there are special prices available only to US educators. For pricing and to place an order, call 1-800-353-4207.
- Stepping Stone Schools – There are tuition discounts for ISD teachers – please call 512.459.0258 for more information about teacher benefits.
- Anytime Fitness – Their hero rate applies a discount to teachers.
- Chevorlet – Discounts vary, but register online with your badge at gmeducatordiscount.com
Things to Do
- Austin Aquarium — Teachers are free with a valid ID
- Crux Climbing Center – The gym offers discounts to teachers.
- Austin Yoga Tree – 20% discount for teachers.
- Pluckers – Teachers can get a free appetizer during happy hour Fridays with valid ID.
- Schlotzsky’s – 10% off with valid ID
- Seaworld – Register for a fun card starting in February and you have to have registered by May, and you can get a free pass for educators in the summer.
- Hotels – Being local government employees, public school teachers can get the government rate at some national hotel chains. Check with the hotel’s policies and show your school ID at check-in to get the benefits.
- Educators Travel Network – Stay around the country for cheap — the network offers teachers discount travel at only $45 per night for two people.
Specific/ Unique Programs
- Round Rock ISD – employees can check out their work perks program.
- Austin ISD – employees can check their employee discount program.
- Pets in the Classroom – You can apply for a grant that provides financial support to teachers to purchase and maintain small animals in the classroom.
- International Teacher Identity Card – For $20 this card gives teachers thousands of travel, online and lifestyle discounts at home and in over 133 countries worldwide
- Austin Public Library – there are group cards available for teachers in Austin schools that allow you to check a large number of materials out for 6 weeks. That way you can check out an entire class set of books that your class might really wanted to read.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness – If you have taught for 10 years and had 10 years of timely payments on your loan, you can can get loan forgiveness.