Classical Charter School Opening in South Austin!
An excellent educational option for your child is coming to Austin. Valor Public Schools is a new network of K-12 tuition-free charter schools with a classical curriculum and an emphasis on educating the whole person.
Valor has found a home for its first campus in south Austin, opening for the 2018-2019 school year! Valor South Austin will be located at 220 Foremost Dr, Austin, TX 78745. The school will open with grades K-8 in August 2018 and grow to K-12 over the next several years.
Valor’s educational vision is grounded in the classical tradition – where cultivating wisdom and virtue are the highest, most important goals of education. At the core of this approach is the belief that every student has a desire for knowledge and a capacity for excellence. In all facets of school life, Valor’s mission is to inspire students to seek what is true, good, and beautiful, developing their natural sense of wonder.
The classical program at Valor South Austin will include:
- Great Books reading and discussion
- Advanced math and science courses (STEM)
- Strong emphasis on character formation
- Spalding phonics and Singapore math
- Latin and modern languages
- Service to the community
- Fine arts
- Extracurricular clubs & competitive athletics
- Socratic, inquiry-based teaching
- School culture filled with joy, respect, and deep engagement
- Wisdom and Virtue
- Truth, Goodness, and Beauty
- Human Dignity
- Wonder and Inquiry
- Friendship and Community
- Attentiveness and Presence
- Honest, Open Communication
- Continuous Learning and Growth
Apply for Enrollment!
The application period for the 2018-2019 school year at Valor South Austin is open now. Applications received by January 5, 2018 will be included in a random lottery that determines initial enrollment offers. Valor encourages all interested families to submit an application soon, as there is no commitment necessary until after the lottery.