It’s Christmas time again! If you’re anything like me you might be wondering what to get your parents. What do you get the people who raised you and now dote on your little tots? How do you show them some love and appreciation?
I’ve talked with some friends and came up with these 8 grandparent gifts:
- Santa pictures– Santa pictures alone are cute and all but not amazing. Get them fancied up with some beautiful top of the line Christmas frames however, and now you have a gift they can use to decorate with every year!
- Airline gift cards– These work well if you have parents like me that live far away. In my family, my sister lives all the way in New Jersey and my parents live in Las Vegas. Traveling to see their grandkids can get expensive quickly. This is a nice way to help them get to see their grandkids. These also work well if your parents live close by. Give them the gift of a vacation since they probably help you out with your kids.
- Sibling pictures– I’m talking get together with your siblings and get a nice picture of all of you together again. Remember, you all were your parent’s babies at one point. If you want to take it up a notch, you can even get your significant others and kids together in a picture too.
- Write a letter apologizing for all you did wrong as a kid because you get it now. I’ve been having lots of moments lately where I just want to call up my mom and say “Mom I love you, and I’m sorry for all the times I threw food on you.”
- Photo shoot with grandkids– This is one that I keep wanting to do but haven’t gotten around to yet. I think my parents would LOVE a family photo shoot with their grandkids. I’m talking about shelling out some money and paying for a good photographer that would follow them around and get those candid shots. Although I’m sure they would like pictures with me too, I feel like they would loooove one with just their grandkids. With this one it’s more about the event and memory too not just the pictures.
- Grandma/grandpa mugs– You can find so many grandma/grandpa mugs nowadays that it’s easy. You can even get them personalized with family photos. Walgreens, CVS and Shutterfly.com do them just to name a few.
- Some kind of smart TV option– Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick. So many options.
- Homemade Christmas gifts from the grandkids– Let’s face it. These are the best kind of gifts for grandparents. They will absolutely treasure them. Bonus: you get to show your kids how it’s not about the money you spend but the idea of giving that matters.