Hi there, ATX moms! My name Amy Campero and I could not be more excited to be a part of Austin Moms Blog. My family and I moved here in December of 2015 and have officially decided that we are never leaving. Before Austin, we lived in Louisiana (where I am from) and prior to that New York City (where I thought I left my heart- until we moved to Austin). I never dreamed I would find a city that I loved more than NYC until we landed in ATX. It still stuns me how perfect this city is for our family. Half of the time we feel like we are on vacation since there are so many adventures to discover here. I am 6 years into this parenting gig with my son, Tate, and 3 years with my daughter, Sullivan (aka: Liv), and pretty sure I have never worked this hard in my life.
One thing to know about me is that I have held many different jobs in my life. The (very) short list includes: bartending, advertising, being an intern to the “Anna Wintour” of the publishing industry (that was a juicy one!), insurance (not at all juicy), healthcare, and fashion before I finally found my dream job of owning my own business. Last year my husband and I opened songs for seeds, a kids’ live rock music class, and I have never been happier (I can wear yoga pants to work if I want, ya’ll!). It has been both a challenge and a ton of fun and is the ideal business for me as a mom.
- I love to read, so much so that I wake up a half hour before my kids so I can have coffee and read before I must officially “start my day.”
- After 11 years together, I still think my husband, Lou, is the cutest and most amazing man I have ever met.
- Experiences always trump material things. I would rather spend money on a vacation than a new car any day (even if the car is falling apart).
- I have developed a serious obsession with Topo Chico and Julio’s Tortilla Chips (how did I go thirty-something years without knowing these existed?)
- To date I have moved 25 times in my life.
- I am an extrovert and love meeting new people.
- My husband and I are done having children (underachievers here in Austin).
- If I go too long without traveling, I start to feel extremely restless.
- I LOVE traveling with my kids (weird, I know). They have both been travelers since birth and have the same wanderlust gene as me and their dad.
- One of my biggest struggles was when we moved to Austin and I was a stay-at-home mom for the first time. It was the hardest transition I have ever made (next to becoming a parent for the first time).
- I spent months researching, reading blogs, and checking top 100 lists when deciding upon my kids’ names. Almost to a point of obsession.
- In another life, I want to be a beauty editor.
- I have a milestone birthday coming up in September.
- Not a fan of: horseradish, snakes, chalk on my fingers, moms judging other moms, Mezcal, the witching hours, and when I can’t have coffee in the morning (it happened once, and it wasn’t good).
- Huge fan of: breakfast food, anything mint flavored, books, traveling, naps (for myself and the kids), queso, meeting new friends, playing board games with my kids, a fresh pedicure, anything coconut scented, and when my husband walks through the door at night.
I am so honored and excited to be a part of your world through Austin Moms Blog and can’t wait to see what 2018 brings!