It is absolutely essential for kids to play outside. We could go on all day about all the reasons that it’s great, but we’ll just list a few. It contributes to the physical, social and emotional well-being of children. Outdoor play allows kids to develop their physical skills and get fresh air and healthy exercise. Playing outside also helps kids burn energy, stay healthy and enjoy sunlight with space to roam, explore and be creative – unlike sedentary, indoor games which don’t have the same benefits for children. Spending active family time outside provides a fun and safe, yet unstructured, environment for the entire family to embrace a healthy, happy and active lifestyle.
Outdoor playtime is essential for every family. Not only does outdoor play help kids get all their energy out, but it allows you to get a few things done while they’re out running around. Plus, kids just feel good afterwards and can focus better on their homework and chores once they have time to play and enjoy time on their own.
Here are a few activities that any kid will love to play when they’re outside:
- Tag – A classic that so many kids enjoy, and even more so with their friends. Games of tag can go on for hours and provide endless fun that doesn’t require more than a few people.
- Hide-and-seek – Whether the kids have a few friends over or are playing with the whole family, playing hide-and-seek is always a blast. It’s fun for both hiders and seekers. The seekers get the fun of running around and looking for everyone, and the hiders get the suspense of being found.
- Trampolining – Did you know that 10 minutes jumping on a trampoline is the same as running for 30 minutes? Crazy! Not only does Springfree Trampoline help to make exercising a complete blast, it is also the safest trampoline on the market so you don’t have to worry about your kids getting hurt! And with a full 10-year warranty, it will last your kids’ their childhood!
- Crafting – Crafting isn’t as physical an outdoor activity, but it offers tons of mental exercise. There are endless options you can enjoy outside together like building birdhouses, painting sunsets, trees or flowers, making jewelry, drawing chalk murals and more! The best part is that you’re making memories and treasured crafts from the comfort of your own backyard.
- Bike riding– Okay, so this doesn’t exactly happen in our backyard… but who doesn’t love it?! Take a cruise around the neighborhood or head to a local park to see the sites of the neighborhood while getting your heart rate up! Strider offers balance bikes for kids 6 months to 7 years old to help them learn the fundamentals of balancing and steering first, and then easily transition to bikes with pedals!
What activities do you and your family like to do outside together?
About the Campaign Partners
- Springfree Trampoline is the world’s safest, highest quality and longest lasting trampoline, creating exceptional value for getting kids outside and active while giving parents peace of mind. Springfree Trampoline’s innovative and patented design is supported by a full 10-year warranty.
- KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to bringing balanced and active play into the daily lives of all kids, particularly those growing up in poverty in the United States.
- George Oliphant is a licensed contractor and host of television show “George to the Rescue”, where he helps to rescue the homes of deserving local families.