As a mom there is nothing that makes me cringe more than when my two boys are running down a sidewalk, pushing their trucks across the wood floors, or involved in any type of physical activity really. If I’m being honest, I don’t know how my oldest still has any teeth in his mouth at all. He’s fallen flat faced more times than I can count. They’ve even bled, turned gray, and been loose to the point I thought for sure 1 or 2 would fall out completely. Alas, he still has ALL of his baby teeth at age 5 1/2 so we just do our best to keep those bad boys in his head until they are ready to fall out on their own, teach good dental practices, and for sure go and see our pediatric dentist every 6 months…well I may be embellishing on the “for sure” part… we try our best to go every 6 months that’s for sure.
We are fortunate enough to have an amazing dental group in our back pockets for our kids. Lone Star Pediatric Dental & Braces is located right in our community and with 6 offices located all over Austin and beyond, chances are they are in your backyard too!
- Lakeway – 512.402.9996
- North Austin – 512.454.4646
- Central Austin – 512.206.2929
- South Austin – 512.442.4338
- Kyle – 512.268.3600
- Belton – 254.933.7760
I know that there are pediatric dental groups all over Austin, but we’ve had such an amazing experience with Lone Star Pediatric Dental & Braces and here are my personal top 5 reasons why I love my kiddo’s dentist and the entire practice!
- There are NO shortage of kid’s toys, electronics, books, etc. to keep the kiddos occupied while we wait for their appointment time. Seriously. That’s #1 for me! Just look how well they’re ALL behaving!
- They make sure to schedule both of the boys at the same time. Right now my boys are at a very competitive age and I’m not sure if it will ever end. But in the mean time, Lone Star makes sure to keep their competitive spirit in check by allowing them to have the same experience at the same time while laying in identical beds with identical tools, identical stylish sunglasses, and identical goodie bags to choose from at the end. I know it may seem like a minor gesture, but if you have more than 1 little, you understand exactly what I’m talking about!
- The brains behind the Lone Star group, Marty & Rachel Montgomery are actual parents too! And don’t let them fool you… they are just as guilty of giving their kids candy and less desirable food items that most dentists will tell you to steer clear from. Sure, we want to instill good habits and they’ll tell you that too, but at the end of the day, sometimes you’ve just got to do what you’ve got to do… even if it means laffy taffy, loads of popcorn, and tootsie rolls from time to time 🙂
- The Lone Star team is literally just a phone call away to help in any possible way. Whether it’s an emergency or just a general question, the entire staff is so friendly and knowledgeable. And if they don’t have the answer over the phone, they are eager to work you into an appointment quickly so you can get whatever problem you have resolved.
- They even offer braces. My husband and I both had braces and we know that braces are most likely in our kids’ future too. I love that we are working with a dental group that also offers braces… it means the entire team is on the same page when it comes to devising a plan for their teeth.
Truth be told, teeth are one of the first things we notice about people when we meet them. As parents, we just want to make sure we are doing our part and we absolutely love working cohesively with Lone Star Pediatric Dental & Braces. For more information about their locations, insurance, and more, visit them at Lone Star Pediatric Dental & Braces!