Since Texas gave us a whopping THREE days of winter it’s time to pack up those kids and hit the slopes.
From a personal opinion, we LOVE family ski trips and go annually, a different spot every year at that. We stay close in New Mexico or Colorado but there are great resorts all over the USA. We polled our contributors and the web and compiled a list of the TOP ski spots for the WHOLE family! These are in no particular order… Just our faves!
Aspen Snowmass: Aspen, CO
- Things to do: Buttermilk beginner mountain, renowned ski school, Tree House Kids Adventure Center and X Games Aspen park. We recommend the Viceroy and the Westin!
Angel Fire Resort: Angel Fire, NM
- Things to do: Snow tubing, widened trails, Pre-ski program for little ones, snow covered play grounds, Parenting Pass and sledding hill.
Park City Mountain: Park City, UT
- Things to do: Family-friendly ski town, quick shot to airport, and a great ski school.
Snowshoe Mountain Resort: Snowshoe, WV
- Things to do: Kids Nights Out, ski school, The Big Top indoor kids park, Below Teen Center and kid friendly slopes.
Whiteface Lodge: Lake Placid, NY
- Things to do: Bobsled, Olympic activities, ice skating, ice shows, ski school, Olympic tours and the gondola rides.
Stowe Mountain Resort: Stowe, VT
- Things to do: Visit the famous Von Trapps lodge (yes, the Sound of Music Von Trapps!), baking classes, yoga and Ben & Jerry’s tours.
Beaver Creek Resort, Beaver Creek, CO
- Things to do: Kids’ programming, heated bunny slope lift, mountain excursions, pizza parties, snowshoe tours, and a children’s museum.
Northstar California Resort: Truckee, CA
- Things to do: tubing hill, bungee trampoline, moonlight snowshoe tours, and s’mores at an outdoor fire-pit.
Keystone Resort, CO
- Things to do: Kidtopia snow fort, fireworks, snow biking, horse-drawn carriage rides and snowcat tours.
- Things to do: Walk the village, Adventure zones, Nature Discovery Center, kids snowmobile and ski biking.