With Hatch Chile Season amongst us and school in full swing, there is nothing that I need more than easy and tasty recipes! Mostly easy 🙂
Our family is pretty healthy and we are always looking for recipes that the whole family can enjoy AND that is still yummy on the palate. One of our go-to ingredients for easy meals is ground turkey as a source of protein. We used Honeysuckle White‘s ground turkey to make these super delicious stuffed peppers, which you can find at your local HEB stores. Honeysuckle White supports independent family farmers in Texas, who raise turkeys with care and without growth-promoting antibiotics.
Now on to the recipe!
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 c. cooked rice
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 medium hatch chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 can of hatch chili diced tomatoes
- shredded hatch chili cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. I use a rice cooker for ease.
- In separate skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- When the turkey is about half done, add green chiles, garlic powder and tomato paste, tomatoes.
- When rice is done, mix together with the ground turkey, and set aside.
- Grab a bell pepper, slice top off and remove seeds, and fill up. Repeat until all the bell peppers are filled with turkey and rice mixture.
- Top with cheese. I found hatch chili cheese but you can use any cheese!
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and bell peppers are warm. Or broil for 5 minutes for a crispier top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy with a side of hatch chili salsa and beans!